Having endured a century of continuous service; time and circumstances necessitated a major renovation of this 1910 building in the historic East Side District. The project reconfigured existing spaces and upgraded building systems to accommodate the functional requirements of the New York State judicial system while respectfully maintaining the historic character of the Classic Revival architecture. Exterior work included restoration of the sandstone facade and replacement of the roof balustrade and copper roofing of the cupola. Much of the original interior finishes were restored including woodwork, plaster, tile, and light fixtures. Accessibility is accommodated by ground level vestibule and elevator additions. Appropriate use of contemporary but contextual design highlights the character of the original construction.